Having a heater that needs to be repaired is not something to ignore. The longer that the repairs are put off the higher the chance that the situation will get worse. In some cases, a repair that isn’t taken care of in a timely manner can lead to an early replacement and that is not something anyone wants to deal with earlier than needed.
When it comes down to it you want to be able to figure out when you need heating repair as soon as possible. A professional technician has the ability to help you diagnose what the issue is and solve it but you need to know when to call them first. Watch out for these warning signs of a heating system repair in Ashland so you can contact our team for help ASAP.
Signs Something is Wrong With Your Heater
You don’t wanna leave your heater to struggle to keep you warm if it needs repairs . This will only cost you in the long run. Instead watch out for these warning signs and contact us to get your system fixed as quickly as possible.
- Odd, new sounds: Whether you have a furnace or a heat pump the system shouldn’t make a lot of noise when it runs. If you are starting to notice that your heater is making knew concerning noises such as rattling, hissing, screeching, clanking, or buzzing it is worth it to reach out to any professional to see what is the source of the problem.
- Weak airflow: You are supposed to get nice strong airflow from your vents or air handlers when your heater is in operation. If this is not the case and instead you are getting weaker than usual airflow it means something is wrong with your heater. Whether the cause is a dirty filter or a broken blower motor fan we can help.
- Problems with heating elements: Is your heat pump unable to produce heat like usual? What about your furnace? The cause could be that there is something wrong with the heating elements in your system. For a heat pump, this could mean the evaporator coil is covered in dust. For a furnace, it could mean you have dirty burners or an electrical problem. In either case, reach out to a professional right away.
- Issues with the thermostat: The thermostat is responsible for detecting temperature and getting your heater to warm up the house properly. If something is wrong with your thermostat or it becomes disconnected this isn’t possible. Make sure to have a professional check your thermostat if something is wrong with your home comfort.
- Strange smells: Last but not least, do not ignore funky smells coming from your heater. It could be excessive amounts of dust causing problems or it could be a gas leak. Whatever it is make sure you get your heater checked and repaired ASAP.
Contact the pros at Air Supreme Heating and Air Conditioning for your heating system repairs. Your HVAC experts in Flatwoods, KY.