Spring is quickly giving way to summer and the soft warmth that provided relief to cold winter temperatures is transforming into discomforting and sweat-inducing heat. This means that those windows are going to be closing up again so you can run your air conditioner and keep your home cool.
Have you noticed that when you are running your air conditioning system though that there is something…off? If your AC unit isn’t operating quite right it is possible that you may need to schedule air conditioner repairs in Ashland, KY. When your AC is on the fritz, it is worthwhile to reach out to us for reliable repair services–just watch out for these warning signs so you know when to call us.
5 Warning Indicators of an AC Repair Need
The best way to help your air conditioner is to catch when it needs repairs before they create bigger problems. Watch out for these warming signs so you know when to reach out for professional help:
- Noises that don’t belong: Your AC system might not be made to run silently but that doesn’t mean every sound it emits is normal. Be wary of certain noises like banging, rattling, clanging, hissing, screaming, and screeching as they are all indicators of trouble in your cooling system.
- Energy bills that are too high: You can expect your energy bills to fluctuate based on your use of your air conditioner. With that said, egregious spikes in your utility bills aren’t something to write off. This is going to be a warning sign that your AC is struggling to operate despite a problem that is forcing it to use extra energy to get the job done.
- Air that is weak or warm: A properly operating air conditioner is going to produce a steady flow of cool air. In contrast, if your system is producing airflow that is weak and/or warm in temperature, it is a strong indicator that you need to schedule repairs.
- Cooling cycles are cut short: An air conditioning system that is working right will have a cooling cycle that lasts around 15 minutes. If that cycle is cut short, then this is known as short cycling. Short cycling is highly damaging to your system and a big problem for your home comfort.
- There is no response: When you turn on your thermostat and set the temperature you want, there should be an immediate or near-immediate response. If your AC system has a major delay before turning on or doesn’t respond at all, you’ve got a problem.
Work With the Professionals
Have you noticed that your air conditioner doesn’t seem to be working right? Is it exhibiting one or more of the indicators listed above? In either case, you should reach out for professional repairs sooner than later.
You can trust the staff at Air Supreme Heating and Air Conditioning to get the job done right. Our team members have more than 30 years of industry experience that we always use to your benefit.
Contact Your HVAC experts in Flatwoods, KY to schedule a repair service.